The Federation of Kenya Employers is implementing programmes which focus on Employee wellness a t the workplaces.
Workplace environment and other psycho-social issues can contribute positively to enterprise well being if early warning signs are detected and appropriate interventions are implemented. They can also have a negative impact negatively to enterprise performance if pragmatic interventions are not institutionalized and monitored on continuous basis.
Having recognized the need for strategic intervention on the management of emerging psycho-social and employee wellness issues, the Federation of Kenya Employers has developed practical training modules in the following thematic areas, namely:
- Managing stress-free work environment
- Managing of drug and alcohol abuse at the workplace- Positive enterprise response
- Managing workplace violence
- Managing harassment-free workplace
- Managing smoke-free workplace
- Employee support in managing HIV and AIDS at the workplace and Life style diseases